There is an awful lot of “stuff” out there. I don’t know about you, but I’ve totally lost count of the number of social media websites that are available out there. I think most of them are for sharing pictures, and I see a lot of people taking photos of their food, but I always eat my food before I can take a photo of it.
Twitter, however, turns out to be a great place for business. A lot of businesses link their blogs to their Twitter accounts, so you can quickly scan through and decide which are the best to spend your time on. It’s also a great way to stay up-to-date with news and changes in your sector.
If you’re involved in Quality in your workplace, these are my top five Twitter feeds to follow:
1. Concentric (@acommoncenter) come out of America and their profile reads: “Concentric partners with the world's leading organizations to make them even better via management system education, mentoring & implementation.” They post links to their articles and white papers, going beyond quality management and into strategic planning and integrated management systems. Good for both new and established quality management professionals.
2. Stacey Barr (@staceybarr) is Brisbane-based and describes herself as “Performance measurement teacher, writer, mentor. Avid runner. Devoted organic vege gardener. Chocoholic.” She tweets links to her blog and her fabulous articles are well worth a read—she writes in an accessible style that novices of performance measurement can understand and will really get you thinking in a different way.
3. The CQI (@CQI) are from the UK and, besides Twitter, have a great website of useful resources for those starting out in quality. They are “The Chartered Quality Institute is the UK's premier organisation for quality professionals”. Their Twitter links to their blog, which is always on my reading list.
4. Quality World magazine (@Qualityworld) is the CQI’s magazine and is “The UK's only magazine devoted to quality. We cover innovation, business improvement, excellence, Six Sigma and more...”. Quality World has some great articles, I’ve found them to be very relevant, even living across the world from them. Also great for quality newcomers and established professionals.
5. The Quality Nerd (@thequalitynerd) – well, I had to mention my own Twitter, of course! I tweet links to my blog, so you can keep up to date with my postings, and I retweet content that I find interesting or relevant to Australia and the human services sector.
If you’ve got a Twitter account that you find interesting and a worthwhile read, please let me know!
Thanks for reading,
The Quality Nerd loves all things Quality Management and Internal Audit...too much is never enough!